Happy New Year!
Here are our goals for 2024, Lord permitting:
- Plant a large quantity of purple ube
- Plant a lot more sugarcane
- Make enough money with the plant nursery to pay us back for the greenhouse
- Raise meat birds
- Add 12 Leghorns to the chicken flock
- Raise 5,000 lbs of food
- Produce 100 consecutive YouTube videos in the spring
- Fill up the rest of the fenced garden area with crops
- Plant pumpkins on top of compost piles
- Continue the landrace corn, watermelon, cucumber and daikon experiments
- Plant the death hedge
- Get my nursery into the Palafox Market in Pensacola
- Fill in the food forest gaps
- Plant a row of ultra-dwarf apples in the Grocery Row Garden
- Release Minimalist Gardening
- Release Florida Bullfrog’s Survival Chickens
- Finish writing The Good Guide to Food Forests
- Finish writing Alabama Survival Gardening
- Quit smoking for a year
That ought to keep us busy.
Happy New Year, everyone!
Remember us, O God;
from age to age be our comforter.
You have given us the wonder of time,
blessings in days and nights, seasons and years.
Bless your children at the turning of the year
and fill the months ahead with the bright hope
that is ours in the coming of Christ.
You are our God, living and reigning, forever and ever. Amen.
(Day 1, with no tobacco)